We're so excited that you're continuing your education after your high school graduation, and we're here to help you explore funding for this next step. Below, you'll find a variety of scholarships with different interest areas, amounts, and qualifications. If you have any questions, please call the Guidance and Counseling Office at 320-251-3421.
The CHS Guidance Office posts a variety of scholarships throughout the year. Please continue to check the Cathedral website for updated information.
Scholarships for High School Students Grades 9 – 12
SFM Foundation Scholarship
Basic eligibility requirements:
- Must be the natural, adopted, step-child or full dependent of a worker injured or killed in a work-related accident during the course and scope of employment with a Minnesota or Iowa based employer and entitled to receive benefits under the Minnesota Workers’ Compensation Act or Iowa’s Workers’ Compensation Law.
- Must be a Minnesota or Iowa resident between the ages of 16 and 25 at the time of application.
- Must have a high school diploma, GED or be a high school student in good standing. Academic achievement, aptitude, extracurricular activities, and community service of the applicant are considered.
- GPA will be reviewed against the number of hours the applicant works and his/her community involvement.
- Must be pursuing a primary college or university degree (bachelor’s or associate’s) or vocational education and training (certificate or license) from any accredited school.
- Must demonstrate financial need.
- Must submit your completed application to SFM Foundation by mail or fax no later than March 31st, 2020.
Click here for application and full scholarship details.
Triple-Impact Competitor Scholarship
The Positive Coaching Alliance awards scholarships of $500-$2000 (depending on location) to high school athletes, based on their responses to questions pertaining to how they meet the standard defined in Elevating Your Game: Becoming a Triple-Impact Competitor by PCA Founder Jim Thompson
- Any high school Junior (class of 2021) residing in the United States
- Plays a high school sport or club sport
- Applicant must make positive contributions on three levels:
- Makes oneself better (Personal Mastery)
- Makes teammates better (Leadership)
- Makes the sport better (Honoring the Game)
- Maintains a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Must provide a minimum of three references
- Deadline to apply is May 31, 2020
Click here for scholarship details and application
Scholarships for Seniors in High School
Cathedral High School Local Scholarships 2020
Deadline: March 30, 2020
2020 General Application Scholarships
There are a number of local scholarships given to Cathedral High School Seniors who will be enrolled full-time in a post-secondary school next year. Below is a list of the available scholarships for 2020. Application deadline is March 30, 2020. Please turn all applications in to the Guidance Office.
Click here to download the available scholarships and the general application.
|Cathedral High School Local Scholarships General Application|
|1||Coborns||1 @ $500||Volunteering, 3.0 GPA, financial need|
|2||Monica J. and Wilber F. Daniel||1 @ $1000||Must attend CSB/SJU, show good citizenship and service|
|3||St. Cloud Lions Donovan Clough Memorial||1 @ $300||Volunteer, community involvement|
|4||Gray, Plant, Mooty||1 @ $500||Volunteer, leadership, extra-curricular activities|
|5||Irene A. Madigan||1 @ $500||2.0 GPA, citizenship and service|
|6||Kiwanis||1 @ $700||Must be student Kiwanian|
|7||KOPP Family Foundation||Amount TBD||Academic achievement, 98% attendance, extra-curricular activities|
|8||Warren Johnson Memorial||1 @ $2000 |
2 @ $1000
|Male, financial need, 4 year college, preference to an education major|
|9||St. Cloud Optimist||1 @ $500||GPA, volunteer, leadership, optimistic spirit|
2019 Special Application Scholarships
The following scholarships require a special application form or online application that can be downloaded by clicking on the name of the scholarship. All require an essay. Application deadline is March 30, 2020 unless otherwise specified. Please turn in all applications in to the Guidance Office.
|Scholarship Name||Amount||Scholarship Criteria|
|American Heritage Bank Scholarship Application||10 – $1000 in St. Cloud Area||Applicant must have an account with American Heritage Bank|
|Bernick’s Scholarship Application||1 – $500||Volunteering, leadership, 3.0 GPA|
|CHS Faculty Association Scholarship Application||Amount TBD||Student Graduating Class of 2020|
|Clearwater Lions||This Scholarship not yet available||Applicant must reside in the Clearwater area, demonstrate community service|
|Glenn J. Imholte Memorial Chamber Connection||4 – $500 in St. Cloud Area||Student planning to major in business-related area, 3.0 GPA, leadership, community involvement|
|St. Cloud Area Chamber Foundation||1 – $500||Extracurricular activities, volunteer and current GPA|
|St. Cloud Area Youth Basketball – SCAYBA||2 – $500||• 1 – $500, Female |
• 1 – $500, Male
3.0 GPA, participated in St. Cloud Youth Basketball for 3 years
|St. Cloud Builders Exchange||1 – $500||Must be planning to attend St. Cloud Technical & Community College and going into a trade program|
|St. Cloud Orthopedic Scholarship Application||1 – $500||Student pursuing health care related degree, 3.0 GPA, extra-curricular activities, essay|
|St. Cloud River Runners Scholarship Application||3 – $600||St. Cloud area Cross Country participant, 3.0 GPA, community service, leadership, essay|
|St. Cloud Youth Hockey Scholarship Application||2 – $500||• 1 – $500 to CHS Hockey Player |
• 1 – $500 to an Icebreaker
3.0 GPA, extra-curricular activities, service, participated in youth hockey 4 years
|Stearns Bank Scholarship |
|2 – $1,000|| |
|St. Joseph Dollars for Scholars Scholarship |
|1 – $500||Must meet one of the following criteria: |
All of the scholarships listed below must be applied for individually.
Vietnam Veterans Of America Juli Bailey / Mark Madsen Scholarship
Two $750.00 scholarships will be awarded to children or grandchildren who are descendants and/or relatives of a veteran of the Vietnam War. The applicant or the veteran must be a permanent resident of the Central Minnesota geographic area.
- Veteran may be American or Vietnamese
- Extra-curricular, public service and work experience will all be considered
- Applicant will need to submit two written essays
- Completed applications must be received no later than April 15th, 2020
Click hereFor full scholarship details and application
Project S.A.V.E. Foundation
The Project S.A.V.E. Foundation, developed by the St. Cloud Rox Baseball Club will award five $2,000 scholarships to local High School Seniors based on the following criteria:
- Participation in School Activities
- Participation in Volunteer and Community Service
- Attends a Central Minnesota High School
- Plans to attend either a two year or four year college or technical college
- Submit a completed application (using the form included)
- Submit a typed essay describing your candidacy as a possible recipient of Project S.A.V.E. Foundation Scholarship Award.
- Provide a recommendation letter from a teacher, counselor or principal on school stationary that validates the student’s application.
- Scholarship Deadline is Thursday, April 30th, 2020
Click here for full scholarship details and application.